Hope from the Pit
Passage: Lamentations 3:1–3:66
1. What’s one thing that stood out to you in this week’s message?
2. Have you ever felt like God is a mean kid sitting on an ant hill using a magnifying glass to burn your antennas off and watch you squirm? Why does suffering often make us feel this way?
3. Have you ever experienced a time of intense suffering?
4. How does the writer of Lamentations describe suffering in vs. 1-18?
5. Do you think God cares about our suffering? What does the writer say about this in vs. 19-39?
4. Have you ever experienced God’s faithfulness in a trying situation?
5. What does Lamentations encourage us to do to keep our hope in God when it’s difficult to do so?
6. Even though God has brought this calamity what does the lamenter say to God in vs. 55-57? What is the Lord’s Response?
7. Have you developed relationships with others who will help you fight to remember and believe God is faithful? Who are people that you could do this with and for?